Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fresh. I climbed the metal stairway of the ferry to Deck 4 and stepped out into the Solarium.
I passed several hearty campers still sleeping atop plastic lounge chairs in their down mummy bags. Walking beyond the open solarium I caught the first brisk breeze atop our ferry the Le Conte. Breathing deeply of the freshest air on earth. Pristine....The grandness of the volcanic mountain landscape meets seascape stretched out in the wake. A pathway to infinite distant ranges. We were on our four hour leg of our journey from Juneau to Haines. Invigorated from a thousand miles and several days of airline air, I took in deep rejuvenating breathes. A new land for my eyes, new experiences, new friends awaited me nestled on the beaches of a special little community of people. More to come.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to be able to see and read what's up with you both. Terrific to have such good pics too.

    ReplyDelete